Thursday, February 7, 2008

Godpseed You! Black Emporer

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney is suspending his campaign.


I no longer trust men (or women) who speak in grand, sweeping, idiomatic statements, and grandiose politic-speak in general. Frankly, I never did in the first place.

'Amerika aller Überschuß spricht den Kommandanten!'

Call empty speech for exactly what it is: empty speech.

Mitt Romney is one of those types.

He swept his handsome arms forward and swore to the American people that, with halos and sunshine in his election to run this busted country, all would be well.

Indeed, witness our last eight years of this once beautiful experiment from opportunistic men who promised similar, great change and "compassion".

In fact, I loathe men of this calibre.

Romney portrays life in the scheme of some god-still-firmly-anchored image. Surely, God has created Man in his image: a broken, forgotten, composite of Himself in tatters. A sculpture Da Vinci might have abandoned for a cool glass of water...

Mitt believed that by waving a magic wand the United States of America (Inc.) could be healed and renewed with his leadership.

I, for one, celebrate the ending of your campaign, Sir; one more self-obsessed, proselytizing, liar running this country would surely have meant the end of us all.

May your better counterpart, John McCain, excel in his desire to find an exit from this exit-wound suffering country.

~~~~*~~~~

(CNN) -- Mitt Romney suspended his bid for the Republican presidential nomination Thursday, saying if he continued it would "forestall the launch of a national campaign and be making it easier for Senator Clinton or Obama to win."












"In this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign be a part of aiding a surrender to terror. This is not an easy decision. I hate to lose," the former Massachusetts governor said.


"If this were only about me, I'd go on. But it's never been only about me. I entered this race because I love America, and because I love America, in this time of war I feel I have to now stand aside for our party and for our country."

Romney made the announcement Thursday afternoon at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington.

With Romney out, Sen. John McCain is locked in as the front-runner in the GOP race.

~~~~*~~~~

Quote: "I simply cannot let my campaign be a part of aiding a surrender to terror."

Lest we forget, you Scoundrel, it was your Grand OLD Party that allowed the greatest terrorist act on this country to occur.

Enough said.

Have a nice life in obscurity.

No comments: